Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jello-O Adult Lounge

Everyone knows how I love RED wine! Well I also love to explore and find new recipes. I was asking my girlfriend Anna for suggestions for healthy deserts I could make for dinner tomorrow night. She suggested that I make banana pudding and use the sugar free Jello-O pudding. Since she said Jell-O, I thought who not go to the Jell-O website and look at some of their recipes . . . come to find out they have what is called the "Jell-O Lounge" aka Adult Beverages!! How cool! We have all known how to make Jell-O shots from college, but Jell-O cocktails and popsickles!

http://www.kraftbrands.com/jello/explore/lounge/

I think my favorite is Pina Colada Pops

What You Need

1 cup boiling water
1 pkg.  (3 oz.) JELL-O Pineapple Flavor Gelatin
1/4 cup coconut-flavored rum or coconut milk
  Ice cubes
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, drained, liquid reserved

Make It


ADD boiling water to gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Stir in rum. Add enough ice to reserved pineapple liquid to measure 3/4 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.
REFRIGERATE 15 min. or until gelatin is thickened. Stir in pineapple. Pour into 6 paper or plastic cups. Freeze 1 hour.
INSERT wooden pop stick or plastic spoon in center of each cup. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Remove pops from cups before serving.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

Variation
Freeze in frozen pop molds instead of the cups.
For a Nonalcoholic Version
Substitute cold water for the rum.
Note
Remove frozen pops from freezer about 5 min. before serving; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment